Tableau Desktop training course teaches concepts, techniques, and shortcuts to create Tableau data visualization competency in the shortest amount of time possible.
By attending Tableau Desktop workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Connect to data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks
Tableau Desktop class is designed as an overview for those who need to quickly learn the breadth of Tableau Desktop and Server offerings. The course is also appropriate for those considering a jumpstart to author interactive dashboards adhering to best practices of visual analytics.