Knowledge of the data model, creation of the proper data connections and scripting fundamentals are critical to creating QlikView applications that provide your organization with powerful business discovery tools. QlikView Developer provides you with an opportunity to learn by doing through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises focused on developing QlikView applications. Beginning with the QlikView environment and covering topics such as data modeling, synthetic keys and how to use the script editor, the QlikView Developer Essentials training course will prepare you to take your QlikView applications to the next level. The course concludes with a business case where you can practice your skills in building a QlikView application from the beginning using identified key performance indicators.
QlikView Developer - Advanced training course discusses advanced technical concepts including: applying expressions and functions, writing data load script, and data modeling strategies. It provides hands-on examples and demonstrates how these concepts can be applied to various business cases.
By attending QlikView Developer - Essentials workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Create a data model in QlikView
- Build a QlikView application
- Resolve data structure issues
- Access the Debugger
- Define the advanced uses of the script editor
- Use Transformative Functions in the script
- Discuss Synthetic Keys
By attending QlikView Developer - Advanced workshop, attendees will learn:
- Implement front-end solutions with advanced Qlik expressions and calculations.
- Perform advanced set analysis operations, using advanced search expressions and element functions.
- Perform comparative analysis using alternate states.
- Use advanced Qlik functions and visualizations to perform Pareto (ABC), Basket, and Monte Carlo analyses.
- Explain inter-record functions and manual accumulations.
- Apply clustering and classification techniques to perform sales analysis
- Use advanced Qlik scripting techniques to resolve data load issues.
- Use loops and nested loops to load and analyze multiple files.
- Apply multiple Load prefixes in various analysis case examples.
- Transform the data model by applying subroutines to allow script reusability.
- Create multiple QVD layers.
- Optimize the data load process by applying incremental loads.
- Explain and apply debug processes.
- Use system error variables for debugging purposes.
- Discuss advanced technical concepts and solutions in real life scenarios.
For QlikView Developer - Essentials
- Attend Qlikview Designer course or possess equivalent knowledge
- Attend Understanding Data Principles course or possess equivalent knowledge
For QlikView Developer - Advanced
- Fundamental knowledge of the Qlik products (QlikView or Qlik Sense) and their related concepts.
- Basic understanding of the Qlik script, Qlik expressions, and functions.
- Attend the business analyst and/or data architect core courses.
- Proficient with building applications, creating dashboards, and performing basic ETL transformations using the data load script.
- At least six months experience working with Qlik as a business analyst or data architect
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects