This Travis CI training course introduces to the Continuous Integration (CI), DevOps, and the setup/configuration of Travis CI with Github. Travis CI is one of the more widely used and powerful continuous integration tools that allow developers to ensure their applications are reliably built throughout the software development lifecycle. Developers choose to use Travis CI over Jenkins because it requires very little setup and configuration, is hosted in the cloud, and removes the need for developers to host their CI tools themselves.
The course begins by introducing CI and DevOps and why Travis CI is a popular alternative to Jenkins, another automation tool allowing developers to implement continuous integration and improve the test automation around their applications. Next, you will learn about builds including the travis.yml and how it is used and using Docker in builds. The course concludes with deployments, running test automation, and error handling.
By attending Travis CI workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Setup Travis CI within Github and deploy an application to different cloud platforms.
- Automate the build process using Travis CI when code is committed to GitHub.
- Integrate Travis CI with 3rd Party tools such as Docker.
- Implement test automation using a variety of techniques.
The Travis CI class is ideal for:
- Software developers with experience building applications and using Github for source control.