This Helix Core training course, you will learn to understand the fundamental aspects of Helix, including process support via changelists, labels, and jobs, and to discover reporting techniques using Helix metadata. You will gain a mastery of Perforce so that you are less likely to encounter scaling, performance, and project problems that impact productivity. This course covers topics essential to administering Helix, including basic deployment architecture, backup and recovery, and more.
Enterprise environments and product development projects are growing more complex. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of Perforce administration with instruction that covers topics essential to administering Helix, including basic deployment architecture, backup and recovery, and more—while diving deeper into comprehensive tactics for administering Helix Core in large and geographically distributed enterprise environments.
By attending Helix Core workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Develop a firm understanding of administering Helix
- Backup and recovery procedures to protect data against losses and how to recover in the event of an emergency
- Day-to-day care and feeding of the server installation, rotating logs, routine maintenance
- Protections and access controls
- Integrating Perforce jobs with external defect trackers
- Monitoring the server
- Overview of trigger capabilities for policy enforcement, systems integrations, etc.
- SDP (Server Deployment Package) overview
- P4Broker, P4Proxy, and replication for scaling to global deployments
- Advanced topics in security and Active Directory/LDAP integration
- Advanced administration of large numbers of users, branches, and locations
- Tools available from Perforce to ease administration
- Introduction to scripting automation with Helix
- Experience working with Helix Core