The Dell EMC PowerStore Implementation & Administration training course provides instruction for physical installation and cabling of PowerStore systems. It includes PowerStore system initialization and deployment instructions along with practice opportunities to achieve a function production storage state. Day-to-day PowerStore administrative tasks for block, file, and VMware storage resources and services are also provided. The course includes PowerStore system hardware and software upgrades, and basic troubleshooting.
By attending Dell EMC PowerStore Implementation & Administration workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Physically install and cable PowerStore systems
- Initialize and deploy PowerStore systems to a functional production storage state
- Administer PowerStore storage resources and services
- Upgrade PowerStore system hardware and software
- Perform basic PowerStore system troubleshooting tasks
- Hardware concepts and technologies used in customer environments, such as compute nodes, servers, network and basic storage system infrastructures
- Software technologies used in customer environments such as enduser applications, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP networking (e.g. switch management, VLANs, IP addressing and routing)
- Basic Microsoft Windows user, file and domain administration
- Basic Unix/Linux user and file management
- Fiber Channel Storage Area Networks (e.g. zoning, WWNs, LUNs, masking)
- Basic backup and recovery terms and techniques
This course is intended for professionals who will be positioning, designing, deploying, managing and supporting a solution using PowerStore systems