The EMC Avamar Management training course provides, attendees with the knowledge and skills necessary to administer, monitor, and troubleshoot EMC Avamar, including recommended best practices.
By attending EMC Avamar Management workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Define Avamar terminology
- Describe Avamar system components and processes
- Describe the Avamar deduplication backup process
- Install Avamar Administrator and Client software
- Create a group policy
- Run on-demand backups from the Avamar Administrator and Avamar Client interfaces
- Restore files using Avamar Administrator and client interfaces
- Describe the types of Avamar replication and configure Avamar standard replication
- Configure and use Avamar Activation Manager and Desktop/Laptop interfaces
- Describe Avamar server daily maintenance activities: checkpoints, HFS checks, and garbage collection
- Use Avamar tools to perform system monitoring, maintenance, capacity management, and troubleshooting
- An understanding of backup and recovery concepts and principles, network administration in a TCP/IP environment, and UNIX/Linux system administration
System administrators, systems engineers and support specialists who administer and support EMC Avamar.