This Dell EMC PowerSwitch Data Center: Implementation and Administration training course provides skills to configure, manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC Data Center Networking products using best-practice information.
By attending Dell EMC PowerSwitch Data Center: Implementation and Administration workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe networking technologies and data flows found in the data center environment.
- Perform basic switch setup tasks.
- Describe, configure, and troubleshoot VLANs.
- Explain the importance of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), and then configure, verify, and troubleshoot the feature.
- Describe static and dynamic Link Aggregation Groups (LAG). Configure and troubleshoot port channel configuration issues.
- Configure discovery protocols and interpret Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) output.
- Demonstrate familiarity with IP subnetting and configure static routes.
- Explain, Configure, and validate Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing.
- Explain, configure, and validate Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Equal-cost multi-path routing (ECMP).
- Describe, configure, and validate Virtual Link Trunking (VLT).
- Configure and validate Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and list use cases.
- Configure uplink failure detection and explain what it is used for.
- Implement Policy based routing (PBR).
- Configure and validate Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF).
- Describe and configure security features including Access Control List (ACL), Port Security, and Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA).
- Explain the need for Quality of Service (QoS) and configure for a data center environment.
- Configure a switch to function as a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server or relay agent. Differentiate between Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Protocol-Independent Multicast PIM and configure into an existing multicast environment.
- Knowledge of Dell EMC PowerSwitch Concepts and Features.
The Dell EMC PowerSwitch Data Center: Implementation and Administration class is ideal for: