The Introduction to MySQL Training course covers the basics of the SQL language as implemented by MySQL. This course is designed to give Participants practical experience in writing SQL statements using the MySQL client program and MySQL Query Browser. The basic SQL statements, including the use of SQL functions and the basic table and view handling statements are introduced.
By attending MySQL workshop, Participants will learn:
- Using client programs to access a MySQL database
- Creating, altering and dropping a MySQL database
- Writing SQL statements to select data from a MySQL database
- Writing joins and subqueries
- Using SQL expressions
- Using SQL aggregate functions and scalar functions
- Inserting, updating, deleting and replacing rows
- Creating and altering tables, indexes and views
- Using transactions
- Granting and revoking access privileges on tables and views
- Exporting and importing data
There are no formal pre-requisites, although an understanding of databases and exposure to information technology in general would be useful.
MySQL class is suitable for anyone who needs to access and work with a MySQL Database.