The UNIX Internals Training course provides experienced developers an intensive, low-level examination of the Linux kernel architecture.
Topics include kernel compilation, debugging tools and techniques, and internal kernel APIs, including synchronization, process management, and memory management. These topics provide a solid understanding of the kernel’s architecture.
By attending UNIX Internals workshop, Participants will learn:
- User Mode and Kernel Mode
- Kernel Compilation and Tools
- Kernel API Overview
- Kernel Debugging – Tools and Techniques
- Memory Management
- The Scheduler
- Kernel Timing
- Kernel Initialization
- Kernel Dumps
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Realtime Kernel
- Working with the Developer Community
- Experience in C programming
- Knowledge of systems programming in a UNIX or Linux environment
- Register-level hardware programming knowledge is recommended but not required
- Familiarity with basic tools, such as vi, Emacs, and ?le utilities
- Familiarity with UNIX development tools, such as gcc and make
- Experienced developers who want to gain a thorough understanding of the Linux kernel architecture.