The Sun Systems Fault Analysis training course teaches delegates fault analysis skills required to support any Sun computing environment. These skills directly translate to higher availability levels and increased uptime of the Solaris Operating Environment (Solaris OE). This course provides instruction about the fault analysis method and provides hands-on experience in the workshops.
By attending Sun Systems Fault Analysis workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the fault analysis and diagnosis methodology
- Describe the OpenBoot PROM (OBP) components, features, and diagnostics
- Enable and monitor POST diagnostics
- Describe OBP device tree and boot sequence
- Perform Solaris OE diagnostics
- Diagnose faults using online tools
- Describe types of major system failures
- Analyze core dumps the mdb utility
To succeed fully in this course, delegates should be able to demonstrate six months of field system administration or system maintenance experience in Sun environments.
Delegates who can benefit from this course are system administrators, system maintainers, second-line system support personnel, and field engineers.