The Sun Java System Directory Server - Analysis and Planning training course provides delegates with the technical knowledge and skills necessary to design a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory service solution deploying Sun Java(TM) System Directory Server. This course introduces the LDAP Directory Services Analysis and Planning (DSAP) process, a design methodology for designing and documenting an LDAP directory service deploying multiple Sun Java System Directory Servers. In applying this methodology to a business case study, delegates focus on planning and design -- not on operation issues.
By attending Sun Java System Directory Server - Analysis and Planning workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the LDAP Directory Services Analysis and Planning (DSAP) process
- Document LDAP directory data requirements
- Develop an LDAP directory schema
- Design an LDAP directory tree hierarchy
- Design a topology and replication strategy
- Create directory access control rules
- Select indexes to support participants design
- Describe the steps to build a test environment
- Perform basic UNIX tasks
- Understand basic UNIX commands
- Describe LDAP services at a high level
- Describe features of the Sun Java System Directory Server (Directory Server)
- Install Directory Server
Delegates who can benefit from this course are LDAP directory architects, professional services consultants, and other technical personnel responsible for planning and designing an LDAP directory architecture around Sun Java System Directory Server.