The Sun Fire Midrange Server Administration training course provides delegates with the information needed to configure, monitor, and manage the Sun Fire V1280/E2900, 3800, 4800/E4900, 4810, and 6800/E6900 midrange servers. Additionally, delegates implement concurrent maintenance and high-availability strategies, and use firmware tools and applications to assess a system.
By attending Sun Fire Midrange Server Administration workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Understand system controller administration, set up and configure the system controller, and navigate platform and domain shells
- Perform common configuration and administrative tasks
- Create and manage segments and domains
- Configure a system for multipathed I/O and dynamically manage system resources
- Detailed knowledge of the Solaris Operating System (Solaris OS) and UNIX
- Knowledge of backup and storage
- Detailed knowledge of network administration
- Knowledge of Sun Management Center 3.0 software
- Experience administrating workgroup and enterprise servers
Delegates who can benefit from this course are enterprise system administrators, platform and domain administrators, system administrators, and anyone responsible for supporting midrange networked database servers.