The Linux System Administration training course is tuned and targeted at software developers, quality assurance engineers, and software configuration management engineers. Instead of spending the entire time focusing on how to setup, configure, and administer a linux machine, the course focuses on the common configuration elements and core command-line tools to effectively work in the linux environment.
By attending Linux System Administration workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Setup and configure a basic linux installation
- Configure and determine basic networking properties
- Add users and groups, and change permissions accordingly
- Work with common unix file system commands, like ls, mv, etc.
- Control processes
- Search for files and contents of files
- Parse files using sed, awk, and grep
- Automate simple tasks using shell scripts
- Use cron to set background tasks
Developers, Q/A, and develops engineers needing to learn basic Linux administration.