This Pivotal Cloud Foundry - Developer course provides attendees with the concepts and experience needed to work with and deploy applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Attendees will gain experience in pushing apps to Cloud Foundry, accessing logs, and scaling.
Attendees will explore topics directly related to the design and running of cloud native applications, including microservice architectures, blue-green deployments, and continuous delivery.
By attending Pivotal Cloud Foundry - Developer workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Understand the differences between traditional IT provisioning, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service
- Explain organizations, spaces, routes, services (managed, user-defined), manifests, buildpacks, applications and droplets
- Identify Pivotal Cloud Foundry components: Router, Cloud Controller, Health Manager, Loggregator and Cells
- Deploy pre-existing applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, obtain logs, debug deployment issues, scale, start, stop, bind to services
- Use the command-line interface and Apps Manager to work with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Understand the impact of the cloud environment on application architecture
- Perform zero-downtime deployments
- Understand the role of services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry, gain experience using one or more examples
- Understand the purpose of buildpacks, gain experience specifying buildpacks and making configuration changes
- Understand and gain experience with 3rd party log management, Application Performance Monitoring, and
- Continuous Delivery tools that integrate with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Understanding of application development and deployment
- Application developers seeking introductory understanding of Cloud Foundry and experience using it to deploy, manage, and scale applications.