Kubernetes (k8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and containerization of applications. Kubernetes provides a cloud-agnostic container orchestration system and is supported by most major cloud providers. In Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) training course, you will learn to deploy containerized applications on Kubernetes, and scale those applications to handle dynamic traffic. You also learn how to continuously deploy new application versions in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates with no downtime. This course ends with a section on Kubernetes security.
By attending Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Create and run a Docker container
- Create Amazon EKS clusters
- Install and configure kubectl for Amazon EKS
- Deploy containers to a Kubernetes cluster
- Perform rolling updates and blue/green deployments of application versions
- Autoscale the number of running pods
- Use namespaces and network policies to restrict pod communication
- Basic understanding of AWS core services, EC2 and VPC.
- Knowledge of containers is helpful but not required.
This course is designed for anyone wanting to learn how to deploy containerized workloads on Amazon EKS.