The Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) training course helps you develop critical hands-on skills to design, implement and troubleshoot BGP networks for optimal performance within service provider environments.
By attending Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe how to configure, monitor and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains.
- Describe how to use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple ISPs.
- Describe how to use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections.
- Describe how to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario in which multiple connections must be implemented.
- Describe how to configure the service provider network to behave as a transit AS in a typical implementation with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems.
- Enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to BGP scaling issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems.
- Describe the available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network
- Attend a training on Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND1) or the Cisco CCNA Certification
- Attend a training on Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) or equivalent practical experience
The Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) class is ideal for:
- Engineers within Service Providers and Enterprises acting as service providers who are involved in the design, implementation and troubleshooting of BGP networks.