This Cisco NCS 2000 Series Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum (OPT201) training course introduces to the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 (NCS2K-FS) Series with Cisco Flex Spectrum. There will be a brief review of fiber cleaning and dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) basics. You will then learn how to design Cisco Flex Spectrum networks using the Cisco Transport Planner tool.
The course covers the Cisco NCS 2006 and NCS 2002 shelves, the Cisco NCS 2000 16-Channel Wavelength Cross-Connect (WXC) Card, Cisco NCS 2000 EDFA 17 and 24 Amplifiers and Cisco NCS 2000 EDRA 17 and 24 Amplifiers. You will also learn how the Cisco NCS 2000 96-channel WXC Card is designed, and you will set up a two-node 96-channel system, create simple DWDM optical circuits between nodes, and then create 10G transponder circuits using the 10 x 10 multiport cards.
The course explains the difference between colored and colorless ports, whereby you will install 40G transponder circuits using the colorless option. In addition, the course explores reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) and mesh configurations up to 16 degrees, including the option for omnidirectional add and drop. The course will also include methods for performance monitoring and troubleshooting the Cisco Flex Spectrum system.
By attending Cisco NCS 2000 Series Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum (OPT201) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe the principles of a wavelength cross-connect based DWDM mesh network
- Successfully run the Cisco Transport provisioning tool and design simple Flex Spectrum networks
- Create a Cisco Flex Spectrum node using the Cisco Transport Planner tool and design tool output
- Create simple DWDM circuits that traverse the Flex Spectrum network and trace the power from beginning to end
- Configure the 10 x 10 card for five individual transponders and appropriate G.709 options
- Describe and install the provisionable patch cord (PPC) association between transponder ports and the DWDM multiplexer and demultiplexer ports, and install optical-channel client connections
- List and describe the major features and benefits of the Cisco NCS 2000 Series EDFA 17 and 24 Amplifiers and EDRA 17 and 24 Amplifiers
- Describe the difference between colored and colorless ports, and colorless applications
- Install 40G transponder circuits on colorless ports and change the wavelength without moving fiber jumpers
- Describe the concept of omnidirectional addl and drop, and omnidirectional applications
- Install the cross-connect options for nodes with four, or more, sides
- Conduct maintenance and performance-monitoring tasks
- Troubleshoot the 96-channel Flex Spectrum system
- Knowledge of Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP from Installation to Protection (FITP)
The Cisco NCS 2000 Series Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum (OPT201) class is ideal for:
- System engineers and implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel, who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco NCS 2000 Series