This Developing with Cisco Network Programmability (NPDEV) training course is designed to teach on how to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. This course is aligned with the topics covered by the 300-560 NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification.
By attending Developing with Cisco Network Programmability (NPDEV) workshop, delegates will:
- Learn the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability
- Review data handling and formats.
- Learn about Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and Open SDN Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests
- Learn about Cisco NSO framework and how to make REST, YANG, and Python requests
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTConf and NETConf
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms
- CCNP or equivalent experience (CCNP, CCIE, CCDP, or CCDE is required to obtain the NP Design and Implementation Specialist certification)
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) course (or equivalent Python programming experience)
- Designing and Implementing Cisco Network Programmability (NPDESI)
The Developing with Cisco Network Programmability (NPDEV) class is ideal for:
- Software Developers
- Software Programmers
- Network designers