The Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) training course covers both introductory and advanced MPLS and MPLS VPNs concepts. Configuration, implementation and troubleshooting skills are all included with a significnat focus on the use of labs to consolidate the learners knowledge. At the end of this course you should be able to design, implement and maintain core IP routing network infrastructures.
By attending Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the features of MPLS
- Describe how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- Configure and troubleshoot frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS platforms
- Describe the MPLS peer-to-peer architecture and explain the routing and packet-forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot VPN operations
- Describe how the MPLS VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe the various Internet access implementations that are available and the benefits and drawbacks of each model
- Describe the tasks and commands that are necessary to implement MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Attend a training on Configuring Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) on Cisco routers or equivalent practical experience
The Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) class is ideal for:
Primary target audience:
- Network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS and MPLS Traffic Engineering.
- Network designers and project managers.