The Cisco Service Provider Mobility (LTE201) training course provides detailed instruction on how to manage, monitor, and configure the Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 5000 and Cisco ASR 5500 with the Cisco Virtual Packet Core (VPC), and how to build the required services to support an LTE/SAE public mobile LAN network.
In the foundation sections of the course, you are introduced to the hardware and software architecture of the ASR 5000, ASR 5500, and VPC. You’ll also learn how to navigate and use the Cisco StarOS command line and configure threshold crossing alarms.In the intermediate sections, you focus on the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards and how the ASR 5000, ASR 5500, and VPC are configured to support 4G entities such as Mobility Management Entity (MME), Serving Gateway (SGW), and PDN Gateway (PGW). You build and monitor single-subscriber call flows with default and dedicated bearers on the systems. Troubleshooting techniques for the entire Long-Term Evolution (LTE)/ Secure Agile Exchange (SAE) packet core are used throughout the course.
By attending Cisco Service Provider Mobility (LTE201) workshop, attendees will learn:
- Hardware and software architecture of the Cisco ASR 5500 chassis
- Hardware and software architecture of the Cisco ASR 5000 chassis
- Hardware and software architecture of the Cisco Virtual Packet Core entities
- StarOS Command-Line Interface (CLI) for chassis management, monitoring, and configuration
- Initial system configuration including creating administrative users, hardware redundancy, and remote management functions
- Implementing management functions, such as threshold crossing alarms, and hardware and software monitoring
- Basic troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Monitoring subscriber bearers, attaching requests through the systems, seeing how resources for each service are dedicated, and detecting the flows as they traverse the switching fabric
- Understanding of IP routing and networking protocols, and a basic working knowledge of applicable 3GPP network operations.
The Cisco Service Provider Mobility (LTE201) class is ideal for:
- Network engineers
- Network consulting engineers
- Customer support engineers
- Field engineers