The Cisco IOS XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation & Verification (IOSXR301) training course shows you how to implement and verify Layer 3 VPN services on a CiscoInternetwork Operating System (IOS) XR network. You will learn how to implement and verify Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) in the core of a service provider network, including implementing LDP session protection, LDP nonstop routing, graceful restart, LDP-IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) synchronization, LDP auto configuration, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) solutions. You will also learn how to implement and verify intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs using MP-BGP (Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol) in core network and various Provider Edge–Customer Edge (PE-CE) route distribution methods, including using static routing and BGP. And you will learn how to implement and verify inter–Autonomous System (AS) Layer 3 VPNs using various methods including inter-AS Layer 3 VPN options A, B, and C.
By attending Cisco IOS XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation & Verification (IOSXR301) workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Prepare to implement Layer 3 VPN services on Cisco IOS XR platforms
- Practice what you learn through hands-on labs
- MPLS LDP in a service provider network
- Intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Inter-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Attend a training on Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) - Essentials course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Attend a training on Cisco IOS XR System Administration (IOSXR200) course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Efficiently configure Cisco IOS XR software-based platforms
- Configure and troubleshoot Interior Gateway Protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate System [IS-IS] Protocol and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] Protocol) routing
- Configure and troubleshoot BGP routing
The Cisco IOS XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation & Verification (IOSXR301) class is ideal for:
- Technical professionals who need to know how to implement Layer 3 VPN services on Cisco IOS XR platforms for a service provider or large enterprise network.
- Implementation and design engineers
- Network planning engineers