The Cisco IOS XR Basic Troubleshooting (IOSXR201) training course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to perform basic troubleshooting tasks using CiscoInternetwork Operating System (IOS) XR Software. The course covers the fundamental concepts on which the operating system is based to help you understand how to troubleshoot problems relating to process failures, stuck processes, high CPU consumption processes, and Interprocess Communication (IPC) functions. You will learn how to interpret log messages and configure exception reporting and logging. Using system commands, you will also learn how to monitor interfaces and controllers, and troubleshoot traffic flow issues through both Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS-1) routers and the Cisco XR 12000 Series Router.
By attending Cisco IOS XR Basic Troubleshooting (IOSXR201) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Understand the fundamentals of the highly available and highly secure IOS XR operating system
- Prepare to perform troubleshooting tasks using IOS XR in a service provider network
- Cisco IOS XR software operations
- Monitoring processes
- Error messages and core dumps
- Cisco traffic flow troubleshooting
- Attend a training on Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) - Essentials course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Basic knowledge of the architecture and operations of the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS-1), Cisco IOS XR 12000 Series Router, or Cisco Aggregation Services Routers (ASR) 9000 Series Routers
- Fundamental knowledge of Cisco IOS XR configuration and operation
- Basic knowledge of problem determination techniques, and experience troubleshooting Cisco IOSXR routers in a large network environment
The Cisco IOS XR Basic Troubleshooting (IOSXR201) class is ideal for:
- Network professionals including designers and implementers, Network Operations Center (NOC) personnel, and support staff who are involved with the deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco routers that run the Cisco IOS XR Software operating system.