The Implementing and Maintaining Cisco Technologies Using IOS XR (IMTXR) training course provides the necessary knowledge to prepare you to take the Cisco IOS XR Specialist Professional exam (exam number 644-906). The course introduces you to the features and functions of the Cisco IOS XR operating system. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on lab exercises, you will gain an understanding of all major aspects of the operating system, including the control plane, the data plane, and the management plane. You will also gain knowledge of pertinent Cisco IOS XR-related equipment, including the CRS family, ASR 9000, and XR12000 product lines.
- Basic knowledge of router installation and some experience with installation tools
- Routing protocol configuration experience with BGP, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Knowledge of Layer 2 IEEE switching and related protocols
- Strong knowledge of MPLS configuration or multicast configuration experience
- Knowledge of Cisco router security implementation, including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and TACACS
The Implementing and Maintaining Cisco Technologies Using IOS XR (IMTXR) workshop is ideal for:
- Technical professionals who need to know how to deploy Cisco CRS or ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers in their network environment.
- Anyone wanting to prepare for the IOS XR Specialist exam.
- The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners, resellers