This Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) training course provides an understanding of the network infrastructure devices, operations, and vulnerabilities of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocol suite. You will learn basic information about security concepts, common network application operations and attacks, the Windows and Linux operating systems, and the types of data used to investigate security incidents.
By attending Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Explain how a SOC operates and describe the different types of services that are performed from a Tier 1 SOC analyst’s perspective.
- Explain Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools that are available to the network security analyst.
- Explain the data that is available to the network security analyst.
- Describe the basic concepts and uses of cryptography.
- Describe security flaws in the TCP/IP protocol and how they can be used to attack networks and hosts.
- Understand common endpoint security technologies.
- Understand the kill chain and the diamond models for incident investigations, and the use of exploit kits by threat actors.
- Identify resources for hunting cyber threats.
- Explain the need for event data normalization and event correlation.
- Identify the common attack vectors.
- Identify malicious activities.
- Identify patterns of suspicious behaviors.
- Conduct security incident investigations.
- Explain the use of a typical playbook in the SOC.
- Explain the use of SOC metrics to measure the effectiveness of the SOC.
- Explain the use of a workflow management system and automation to improve the effectiveness of the SOC.
- Describe a typical incident response plan and the functions of a typical CSIRT.
- Explain the use of VERIS to document security incidents in a standard format.
- Describe the Windows operating system features and functionality.
- Describe the Linux operating system features and functionality.
- Attend a training on Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with basics of networking security concepts
The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) class is ideal for:
- Associate-level cybersecurity analysts working in security operation centers.