This Easytrieve training course is aimed at business users or operations support personnel who may need to write quick reports to interrogate mainframe data using CA-Easytrieve. The language incorporates many built in features to enable reports to be formatted simply and quickly. The various 'automatic' features of the language will be covered in detail enabling you to quickly develop maintainable programs.
By attending Easytrieve workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Read sequential or VSAM files
- Format detail and summary reports using automatic options
- Produce name and address labels
- Use edit masks such as floating money symbols
- Specify conditional logic
- Test for special values such as zeros and spaces
- Perform powerful calculations
- Manipulate variables
- Use code held in macros
- Some experience of a computing language and some exposure to ISPF.