This CA PPM - Resource Management training course is for the user who is responsible for capacity planning in CA PPM. It will show how to create and manage resource and role profiles and capture and define data elements. After the resources are established, the staffing methods (formal and informal), the Resource Finder function, and the resource requisition tools will be demonstrated. In addition, there will be a review of the Allocations screens and Capacity Planning functionality.
By attending CA PPM - Resource Management workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Add and manage resources and roles to help you correctly define their skills, which enable resources to be effectively managed.
- Locate resources using the Resource Finder to quickly and efficiently find resources with the necessary availability and applicable skills.
- Allocate resources to projects effectively and efficiently.
- Manage resource allocation by reviewing the resource allocation portlets to help prevent over‐allocation.
- Analyze resource needs using Capacity Planning to help you identify where the demand exceeds the available resources so that you can anticipate project delays or the need to hire more resources.
- Knowledge of project and investment management in CA PPM, or equivalent
The CA PPM - Resource Management class is ideal for:
- Business Analysts
- Business End Users
- Business Team Members
- IT Services Managers
- Key Resources
- Key Stakeholders
- Process Managers
- Project Management Office
- Project Managers
- Project Sponsors