The Business Process Modeling for SOA training course introduces the theoretical aspects of process modeling. This course explores the forces driving the need for modeling business processes, the modeling effort as a project, and the critical success factors for making the effort successful. This course provides a way to document, understand, analyze and improve business processes. The focus of this course is not any specific modeling tool. Instead, it tries to explain the principles of process modeling.
By attending Business Process Modeling for SOA workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Business Process Modeling
- Understand the role of process modeling in SOA
- Discuss the essential business process modeling steps and ingredients that are necessary for success
- Describe the importance of setting process boundaries and how that can make delegatesr modeling more productive
- Use appropriate modeling techniques to represent existing processes
- Recognize common patterns when modeling processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the processes
- Model new, improved processes
- Define ways to measure the success of business processes
- Discuss the importance of communicating process models
A basic understanding of SOA is recommended.
The Business Process Modeling for SOA class is designed for business analysts, managers and architects, who need to model, and analyze business process.