The BMC Helix CMDB - Administration training course teaches about what makes a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) useful to the business, how to configure the CMDB, and how to perform routine administrative and maintenance tasks. This course is focused on learning how the CMDB is used by key IT Service Management functions, such as Asset, Incident, and Change Management. Atteeesnd will learn how to configure their environment to meet the requirements of CMDB consumers in the business. Additionally, this course covers the routine administration and maintenance of the CMDB.
By attending BMC Helix CMDB - Administration workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe key concepts of BMC CMDB
- Discover BMC CMDB Dashboard and various search features
- Use BMC CMDB UI to search, modify, and create CIs.
- Explain how the CMDB supports key IT Service functions, such as Asset, Incident, and Change Management.
- Explain the BMC CMDB Data Flow
- Explore the Class Manager and its various features
- Explain the difference in user permissions for BMC CMDB Data consumers
- Describe various data importing methods in BMC CMDB
- Describe Normalization and Product Catalog features of BMC CMDB
- Describe various Reconciliation methods in BMC CMDB
- Describe the federation and achieving concepts
- Configuring Atrium CMDB Server Settings
- Simulate the impact of changes with the BMC Impact Simulator
- Basic Knowledge of BMC Helix CMDB
Administrators, Configuration Managers & BMC CMDB Administrators