The Autodesk Navisworks - Essentials training course instructs Participants in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, Participants acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, Quantification, Autodesk Rendering, as well as the Clash Detective tools within the Autodesk Navisworks software.
Using the functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks Simulate, and Manage features, Participants learn to open, review, quantify, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. They also learn to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, they create interactive animations. In addition, they learn the Autodesk Rendering tools that can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
By attending Autodesk Navisworks - Essentials workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks software
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check the validity of construction schedules
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations
- Obtain takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design
- Add true-to-life materials, and lighting and backgrounds to project models, to create photorealistic output
- Participants should have working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software.