AutoCAD Civil 3D - Essentials training course is designed for Civil Engineers and Surveyors who want to take advantage of AutoCAD Civil 3D software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality. The AutoCAD Civil 3D software permits the rapid development of alternatives through its model-based design tools. In this course, delegates will learn techniques enabling them to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculation tasks, and layout pipe networks.
AutoCAD Civil 3D - Surveyors training course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge needed to use the AutoCAD Civil 3D software efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Participants learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, least square analysis, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, proper AutoCAD drafting techniques, the methodology needed to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
AutoCAD Civil 3D - Grading training course, is recommended for those, required to create site grading plans using the AutoCAD Civil 3D software. This course is also ideal for managers who require a basic overview and understanding of this aspect of the AutoCAD Civil 3D software. In this course, delagates will learn to use feature lines and grading tools to create a commercial site containing a parking lot, building pad, pond, and simple sewage lagoon. They also work on a residential site to grade a small subdivision for proper grading of each lot.
- Learn the AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface
- Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports
- Create points and point groups and work with survey figures
- Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces
- Create and edit alignments
- Create data shortcuts
- Create sites, profiles, and cross-sections
- Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections
- Create grading solutions
- Create gravity fed and pressure pipe networks
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations
- Use plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Connecting to GIS Data to show existing conditions
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transforms
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Introduction to Grading
- Parcel Grading
- Building Pad Design
- Parking Lot Design
- Pond Design
- Lagoon Design
- Combining Surfaces
- Visualization of Grading
For AutoCAD Civil 3D - Essentials: Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD-based products (such as Autodesk Land Desktop) and a sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology.
For AutoCAD Civil 3D - Surveyors: Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.
For AutoCAD Civil 3D - Grading: Basic working Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D