AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors training course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge needed to use the AutoCAD Civil 3D software efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Participants learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, least square analysis, and traverses are also covered.
Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, proper AutoCAD drafting techniques, the methodology needed to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
By attending AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors workshop, Participants will learn:
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Connecting to GIS Data to show existing conditions
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transforms
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.