AutoCAD Architecture - Essentials training course focuses on the design development, construction documentation, and visualization features of the AutoCAD Architecture software (the basic tools that the majority of attendees require when working).
AutoCAD Architecture - Advanced training course is intended primarily for architects and other advanced users who need the ability to design massing studies or space studies, or to customize settings in the AutoCAD Architecture environment.
In AutoCAD Architecture - Essentials workshop, attendees will learn:
- Creating basic floor plans with walls, doors, and windows
- Creating specialty objects, such as column or ceiling grids, stairs & railings
- Adding roofs and floor slabs
- Introduction to Projects and the Project Navigator
- Adding furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Creating details
- Displaying elevations, sections, and perspectives
- Marks, tags & schedules, and other documentation
- Drawing cameras, adding lights, and basic rendering
In AutoCAD Architecture - Advanced workshop, attendees will learn:
- Understanding the Style Manager
- Using advanced wall and section/elevation tools
- Managing drawings with projects and applying project standards
- Creating massing studies with mass elements and mass groups
- Using spaces and areas to develop a building design
- Defining multi-view blocks and creating custom content
- Creating styles for AEC objects including walls, doors, windows, and curtain walls as well as annotation object styles
- Customizing layer properties and the display system
For AutoCAD Architecture - Essentials
- Solid background in the AutoCAD software because AutoCAD tools and concepts are essential for working with the AutoCAD Architecture software. In particular, attendees should be familiar with the basic 3D viewing tools (preset views, 3D Orbit, and Visual Styles), layouts, Paper Space/ Model Space issues, and external references (XREFS). A working knowledge of the Ribbon interface is helpful but not essential, as pertinent tools are covered in the training.
For AutoCAD Architecture - Advanced
- attendees should attend the AutoCAD Architecture - Essentials workshop, or have equivalent experience with the software, before taking this class. They also need a solid background in AutoCAD, since AutoCAD tools and concepts will be essential for working with AutoCAD Architecture. In particular, attendees should be familiar with basic 3D viewing tools (preset viewpoints, 3D Orbit, and shading options), layouts, and xrefs (used in AutoCAD Architecture projects).