The Apple Service Fundamentals training course teaches the skills needed to handle face-to-face customer interactions involving all Apple devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide attendees through the best way to manage customer interactions, the required safety precautions, and basic troubleshooting skills. Attendees knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and role-playing.
By attending Apple Service Fundamentals workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Identify and validate customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution
- Position a repair, upgrade, or attachment so it's clear that the recommendation helps to solve the customer's issue Identify and validate strategies for setting realistic resolution expectations
- Identify and practice ESD precautions
- Identify the customer statements that generate a Safety First case
- Demonstrate the proper and safe handling of batteries and portable computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and respond to events that involve these batteries
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Understand the components of clear, concise, and complete case notes and the negative impact of poor case notes.
- Find and use any Apple product's serial number to determine its level of coverage
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to the business and the customer
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques and first-level evaluation and isolation skills
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot
The Apple Service Fundamentals class is ideal for:
- Anyone wishing to become certified to repair iOS or macOS devices.