The Yarn training course teaches to develop custom YARN applications for Apache Hadoop. You will learn the details of the YARN architecture, the steps involved in writing a YARN application, the details of writing a YARN client and ApplicationMaster, and how to launch Containers.
By attending Yarn workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Explain the architecture of YARN
- Explain the lifecycle of a YARN application
- Write a YARN client application
- Run a YARN application on a Hadoop Cluster
- Monitor the status of a running YARN application
- View the aggregated logs of a YARN application
- Configure a ContainerLaunchContext
- Define a LocalResource for sharing application files across the cluster
- Write a YARN ApplicationMaster
- Explain the differences between synchronous and asynchronous ApplicationMasters
- Allocate Containers in a cluster
- Launch Containers on NodeManagers
- Write a custom Container to perform specific business logic
- Explain the job schedulers of the ResourceManager
- Define queues for the Capacity Scheduler
Experienced Java developers who possess Hadoop development knowledge and understand HDFS and the MapReduce framework.
Software engineers familiar with Java who need to develop YARN applications on Hadoop by writing custom YARN clients and ApplicationMasters in Java.