The Hadoop Development - Essentials training course provides awareness about the Hadoop framework which is the de facto platform for Big Data computation. Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework that supports data-intensive distributed applications, licensed under the Apache v2 license. It supports the running of applications on large clusters of commodity hardware. The Hadoop framework transparently provides applications with both reliability and data motion. Hadoop implements a computational paradigm named map/reduce, where the application is divided into many small fragments of work, each of which may be executed or re-executed on any node in the cluster. In addition, it provides a distributed file system that stores data on the computer nodes, providing very high aggregate bandwidth across the cluster.
The Hadoop Development - Comprehensive training course covers concepts addressed on the Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH) exam. delegates will learn to build powerful data processing applications in this course. They will learn about MapReduce, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and how to write MapReduce code, and also learn best practices for Hadoop development, debugging, and implementation of workflows.
Throughout this course, delegates will write Hadoop code and perform other hands-on exercises to solidify delegates understanding of the concepts.
- Use the Hadoop & HDFS platform
- Loading data into HDFS
- Introduction to MapReduce
- Writing and debugging MapReduce jobs
- Implementing common algorithms on Hadoop
- Using Mahout for advanced data mining
- Benchmarking and optimizing performance
- MapReduce and the HDFS
- Write MapReduce code in Java or other programming languages
- Issues to consider when developing MapReduce jobs
- Implement common algorithms in Hadoop
- Best practices for Hadoop development and debugging
- Use other projects such as Apache Hive, Apache Pig, Sqoop, and Oozie
- Advanced Hadoop API topics required for real-world data analysis
- Some programming experience (preferably Java)
- Knowledge of Hadoop is not required
- Project / Program / Technical managers
- Technical / Team leads
- Software analysts/ engineers
- Pre-sales consultant
- Business development managers