Pig is a simple-to-understand data flow language used in the analysis of large data sets. Pig scripts are automatically converted into MapReduce jobs by the Pig interpreter, so you can analyze the data in a Hadoop cluster even if you are not familiar with MapReduce.
This Apache Pig training course provides programmers instruction on the use of Apache Pig within the Java driven Hadoop framework. Originally developed by Yahoo!, and utilized for approximately 40% of their programs, Apache Pig provides an opportunity for non-Java programmers to write MapReduce jobs.
By attending Apache Pig workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Explain features of Pig
- Perform Data Analytics using Pig
- Create own functions for special purpose processing
- Work on basic real time pig projects
- Basic familiarity with SQL and/or a scripting language
- No pre-existing knowledge of Hadoop is required