The Migrating to Apache Lucene training course teaches experienced Lucene developers the skills and knowledge needed to leverage newer advanced Lucene features and plot their migration path to the latest version.
This course begins with a survey of current uses of Apache Lucene and how it is used to scale in conjunction with other open source projects. With that context built, this course then examines the evolution of Lucene and its features from its first Apache release to the latest releases in detail. Next scaling, transactions, resiliency of Lucene indexes and performance tuning are discussed.
By attending Migrating to Apache Lucene workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Understand how various projects divide search responsibilities
- Understand the feature differences between the various major Lucene versions
- Select a Lucene version to adopt or upgrade to and support that decision
- Describe various Lucene scaling strategies
- Understand Lucene transactions and their implications
- Describe ways to achieve resiliency
- Define the three fundamental dimensions of Lucene performance
- Identify and detail the performance needs of your applications
- Tune Lucene to achieve different performance results across performance dimensions
- Java developers looking to leverage Lucene’s advanced features.