Apache CouchDB is a scalable, fault-tolerant, and schema-free document-oriented database written in Erlang, a functional programming language with a focus on writing robust, fault tolerant and highly concurrent applications. CouchDB uses HTTP as its main programming interface and JSON for data storage. It is open-source database software that combines ease of use with a scalable architecture.
This Apache CouchDB training course provides skills to install, configure and use Apache CouchDB. This course provides the key aspects of interacting with CouchDB, essential tools, the core API, document design, views, replication, bulk documents and document validation. You will learn, view patterns and queries and how to format documents and views from your database using the built-in list and show functionality. You will also learn about advanced techniques for working with CouchDB data, from consuming the changes feed, creating replication filters, document update handlers and database and document security. The course concludes with a lesson on troubleshooting.
By attending Apache CouchDB workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Compare NoSQL and how it differs from traditional SQL.
- Explore the document-based features of CouchDB and their use in real-world projects.
- Build web apps using the programmatic features of CouchDB.
- A basic development background coupled with basic knowledge of any SQL database (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) is required for this course.
The Apache CouchDB class is ideal for:
- Developers and developer teams looking to learn to leverage Apache CouchDB at a data store.