The Apache ANT training course is aimed at those looking to learn the ANT build tool. Participants will first be taken through the fundamentals of building an ANT script by examining the structure of an ANT file, and seeing how to use properties. Following that, they will be taken through several common scenarios where ANT is used (e.g. building Java code, deploying/testing, coordinating with CVS, etc) and learn what tasks are available in each appropriate case, writing scripts as necessary. Finally, advanced topics such as integrating ANT with Eclipse and even extending ANT will be discussed.
By attending Apache ANT workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Understand the structure of an ANT script
- Know how to create an ANT script to:
- Build Java Code
- Deploy Java Code
- Test Java Code with JUnit
- Check code into/out of CVS
- Write Custom ANT tasks
- Participants should have a basic understanding of Java code and XML.
Java Developers/QA members/Administrators interested in how to understand/write ANT scripts.