For years now, Agile teams have been able to develop higher-quality software at a faster rate by utilizing techniques that help them respond to change. This works great in smaller organizations where individual teams can focus on individual pieces of software, but it can be hard to scale these benefits across a portfolio of products because different teams are focused solely on their own goals. This misalignment of team, program and portfolio is often the obstacle that keeps organizations from fully harnessing the power of Agile.
This Leading a Scaled Agile Framework training course will show you how to create longer programs, called Agile Release Trains, where groups of Agile teams work together to optimize quality and velocity to deliver even greater value for their stakeholders.
The Scaled Agile Framework (or SAFe) is a guide to aligning Agile development throughout an organization. Most organizations focus their Agile development efforts at the team level, first starting with a pilot team and later transitioning individual teams one at a time. Unfortunately, this method fails to fully integrate each team's efforts with the larger stakeholder need. The Scaled Agile Framework gives you proven techniques to align these teams to work at the larger program level, and ultimately how to align multiple programs into a portfolio that maximizes shareholder value.
By attending Leading a Scaled Agile Framework workshop, delegates will learn:
- How to lead an enterprise Agile transformation
- To apply Lean thinking techniques at the Team, Program and Portfolio levels
- To apply Lean, Agile and Product Development Flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality
- How to infuse Agile into your entire organization - not just your IT department
- How to create Agile Release Trains that align the efforts of Agile and non-Agile teams to create greater stakeholder value
- To encourage collaboration across all the layers of your organization to enable teams to deliver complex cross-functional features in 10-12 week increment
- To improve the communication and focus of your organization’s Agile implementation