The eXtreme Programming (XP) training course provides a basic understanding of the eXtreme Programming (XP) methodology created by Kent Beck and Ward Cunningham. There are currently numerous books and other sources of misinformation available on this hot process, which makes it difficult to get a firm grasp on just what XP is and isn't.
The course begins with a discussion on XP principles and practices, and use exercises to demonstrate how planning works in XP. Then, the instructor will discuss how to introduce XP into your organization, and how to make it succeed for you. The course concludes with a discussion on XP and its relation to other XP methods, such as Scrum, and we will help you understand how you might mesh XP with these other methods.
By attending eXtreme Programming (XP) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Thoroughly demonstrate Agile principles and values.
- Apply a deep understanding of Agile project management and evolutionary design.
- Master customer practices such as storytelling and storytesting.
- Master development tools and build practical skills in automated micro-testing, code smells, refactoring, test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Discover strategies to integrate these practices into your process and team environment.
- Developers and developer teams looking to implement XP in their organizations/teams.