Agile is not a particular software methodology with a prescriptive checklist of things-to-do, but a philosophical approach to working iteratively and collaboratively. Manager will get an overview of the benefits of working in an Agile environment, as well as the highlights of the most popular Agile software methodologies. Armed with knowledge of the principles, vocabulary, and ceremonies of an Agile Framework, Manager are equipped to extend the concepts beyond software development and into their role as an Agile leader. Understanding these concepts will help teams speak a common language throughout the organization and give Manager the ability to lead by example.
One of the biggest barriers to Agile Adoption can be a lack of buy-in from management and a misunderstanding of their role in the Agile transition. By understanding the importance of their role as an Agile champion and servant leader, Agile Manager can help facilitate a smooth transition for their teams. Organizational change starts with ensuring that leadership has a clear understanding of their role and can be effective as change agents.
Agile Management techniques promote autonomy and respect on teams, leading to trusting, collaborative relationships resulting in continuous improvement, higher productivity, stronger loyalty and higher performance for team members. Using a servant leader approach rather than a traditional command and control approach, Manager become the catalysts to guide empowered self-directed teams.
By attending Agile for Managers workshop, delegates will learn:
- The benefits of working in an Agile environment
- The Agile Framework, including an overview of methodologies, principles, terminology, and ceremonies
- How to classify organizational cultures and leadership styles
- How to foster change acceptance and Agile adoption
- The role of managers in an Agile environment and how to become a servant leader
- How to build and support Agile teams
- Jurgen Appelo's Management Model
- How to motivate teams for continuous improvement
- How to apply what you have learned to real life scenarios within your own organization
The Agile for Managers training course is ideal for anyone who will be managing agile teams and people, including:
- Senior Managers
- Product Owners
- Development Managers
- Development Leads