This course deals mainly with the topic of Agile Estimation and Planning at the Program Level and at the Release Level. The teams focus on the topic of “Just Enough” upfront requirements, sizing and design and planning with “Plan and do only what’s currently needed” approach as part of scrum. Agile Planning & Estimation training course is dedicated to extending these concepts to higher level and walking through practical real world approaches to successful Agile planning for multiple projects/deliveries. This course touches on aspects of agile planning days where the management and scrum teams come together for a commitment for a project plan over a period of time.
By attending Agile Planning & Estimation workshop, Participants will learn about the 6 levels of planning with more details about levels 3,4,5 (Product, Release and Iteration planning) with focus on answers for questions such as:
- How do I define a clear product Vision and Roadmap that spans multiple releases?
- How do we plan for large Program with multiple teams?
- How do we identify the right level of requirements upfront and size them without going into the details?
- How can we account for architectural and non-functional requirements as part of our planning?
- How does Agile work with fixed scope and fixed time projects?
- How do we slice and breakdown requirements into smaller chunks in a release and prioritize/order them the right way?
- What are some new Agile metrics we can track for Agile Projects?
The key benefits of the workshop include knowhow of agile planning and estimating at program and release level apart from sprint level, different estimating techniques with changing requirements, sizing, cost and budget planning, and use of agile metrics.
- Program managers
- Agile Project managers/Scrum masters and Team Leaders
- PMO, Business sponsors and POs
- Architects and technical leaders
- Executives and managers